Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pinkie Day Episode 18- Parenting and Poop



Happy Pinkie Day, everyone. 

Well, I have no idea what to type because I am out of practice with blogging.  My 6 week class I was taking took up all my time and I had to take a break from blogging. I am happy to report, though, that the class ended on the 23rd and things are back to normal!

I want to thank all of my friends and family who were so supportive of me during that stressful time of my class.  It was so hard for me to get my brain in gear for it.

I am so tired from birthdays and sicknesses and snow days and sports and postponement of sports and dance due to snow days.  We are absolutely in NO routine here anymore.

John got sick the day after Emmett's birthday and he slept for 2 days straight.

Then Emmett got it and slept for 2 days straight.

Then Carmen got it and slept for 2 days straight.

I am not lying.

Then Pilar got it and she still has it!

I am calling this post "Parenting and poop" for obvious reasons.  Having sick children is completely unlike anything else.  I mean, your life revolves around their poopy butts!  What are they eating?  What does their poop look like? How often are they pooping?  Do they need to poop more?  Do they need a wipe?  Do they need help wiping?

John has been potty trained for a year now, but we have a little potty in the downstairs bathroom that I have to empty for him.  He potty trained so young that he couldn't sit on the big potty himself at all and he still uses the one that I have to dump into the big potty.  Oh my gosh, I am so tired of dumping his poop!  The MOM is the ONLY one who does that.  Seriously.

Today at mass was the last straw (or should I say, the last wipe).  See, I couldn't get to mass last week because John was sick with the tummy thing.  Now today, we are all there and I was so happy!  Then, right before communion, the poop struck again.  Carmen makes the face, winces, and grabs her tummy.  She says she has to go RIGHT at that moment!  I knew she did, the poor girl, so I got her to the bathroom and there I stood, in the stinky restroom with the poop instead of going to communion.

The last night of my class, Monday night, I finally sat down to type my PowerPoint presentation for my final project.  Then I hear a tsunami of puke in the upstairs carpeted hallway.  Poor Emmett, got the stomach bug.  He had a fever, puking and pooping for days.  He missed two wrestling meets.

In all this, we were able to get out to dinner for Pilar's birthday on Thursday.  We also celebrated Emmett's birthday before everyone got sick.  Emmett's party was canceled, though, after over a month of planning, because we got 10 inches of snow on party day.

So parenting and poop it is.  I have nothing philosophical to say about it.  It just is.  I accept it.  I hope it ends soon, but I accept it now.  I mean, if I didn't, do you know how much poop would be collected in John's little potty right now? NOOO!!!!  Like my father always said, "Nobody ever said it would be easy."

So without further ado, here is the sleepy Pinkie Day message from Carmen.  I caught her right before she fell asleep for the night.  She tells about today and how Emmett's wrestling meet was canceled and how we went to a play at VMI where Daddy went to school.  She also says they watched Liberty's Kids.  (It is a series of educational animated cartoons about the American Revolution I got for only $5 at Amazon).

Also included some pictures from Emmett's and Pilar's birthdays.


On Emmett's 8th Birthday.  Our first born is really growing up. 

Playing Heart Bingo!  

Lego treat bags had lego crayons (homemade) and lego brick candy


Cupcakes

Celebrating Pilar's birthday at Mi Rancho with great friends.

Pilar's 19th Birthday



We hope you had a great weekend and had time with family.  I am tired and sad to see George go in the morning.  He was only here one day this week.  We made the most of it, though.  Looking forward to spring and Easter now... Lent is well underway and that will be what my next post is about.  Until then... Happy Pinkie Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment