Saturday, November 29, 2014

Advent Adventure time...

Emmett and Carmen showing their Advent Adventure book they will use every day during Advent this year.


It is time for our Advent Adventure!

I decided this year to focus even more with the children on the beautiful season of Advent.  Every year it seems to get more and more overwhelming out in the world of commercialized holidays and cookie cutter traditions.  Going through the motions in order to check a box and then post it on social media sites can be tempting.

Speaking of social media sites, I found my Advent Adventure materials on a Facebook post, actually.  The company is called Holy Heroes and I see it shared a lot on my page.  I decided to check it out and I am glad I did.  It looks like it will be a great way for us to celebrate and focus on the important things this season.

Last week, I introduced the children to the Holy Heroes website (which has cute little daily videos and printables).  I also ordered the Advent Adventure books and the Jesse Tree DVD and ornaments pdf files.  I have never done a Jesse Tree with my children before.  We are looking forward to starting that tomorrow, as well. We will keep you posted!


Jesse Tree video we are using this year.  It has all the ornaments to print out as well as a video for each day.


From our house to yours, we hope you have a blessed, joyful, and reflective season of Advent.

We were so happy to have a Thanksgiving snowstorm! 










No comments:

Post a Comment