Monday, March 14, 2016

Daylight Savings Time Ruined My Life

Whatever Daylight Savings Time

Forget it. 

I never had a good relationship with you and I don't intend to start now.

I have 4 children ages 9 and under.  We just got into this GREAT bedtime routine.  Bedtime at 8pm for 3, 7 and 8 year olds.  Bedtime at 9 for the 9 year old.  It is a dream.  The house is quiet, the expectations are set and the flow is seamless.  The TV is on at 8 for my waste of time trash shows that I may or may not watch depending upon who I am talking to at the time...

Mom and teenager are happy!!  IN THE DARK.... AT 8PM

Then BOOM you come like a thief in the night (LITERALLY!)...robbing me of one hour of my life as a mom.  You are cruel.  What am I supposed to do tonight at 8pm when it is still pushing daylight and I am trying to turn on the season finale of the Bachelor? 

You can answer the questions for me, you meanie...Here are a few you may get...

Why are we going to bed so early?  It is still light out.

Can we stay up because it is so light out? I can't fall asleep when it is still light out.

Can I have a snack? I'm extra hungry from playing more.

Can I play outside longer?  It's still light.

What time is it?  It's still light outside.

Daylight savings time, you are mean to families.  You ruin my flow...my routine...my fantastic schedule I have with the shorter the people living in my house. 

Yesterday, my whole family fell asleep in the afternoon just trying to get used to you and today , my 2 boys are throwing up (OK, so that doesn't have to do with you, but I added it in here anyway cuz I am THAT mad and irrational and tired... cuz I lost an hour)


Here's a little video I saw on my friend's Facebook page yesterday.  Yes, I ASK the question...why is this still a thing??? 



OK, I am not actually that upset, I just wanted to make a quick blog post to try to make someone laugh.  I will deal with this the same way I dealt with it last year.  I will complain, be tired and enjoy the playtime after dinner while I sit on the deck with my teenager and listen to music...

Happy almost spring, everyone!!!

Looking forward to some lush greenery making an appearance in my yard soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment