Saturday, January 25, 2014

Attack of the Zombies

Here are the Zombies...


Here is the Wii....

This is what it looks like outside...

19 degrees

So can ya' blame me??!!

Ok, so that is my attempt at rhyming.  I think I have been in the house too long.  

Here is the breakdown for this week as far as activities go:

School:  20%
Sledding (aka P.E.): 80%

We had so much fun in the snow!  The area schools were closed most of the week and if they were open, they had 2 hour delays.  Well, our little home school was open, but we did not do as much work as normal.  It is quite strange for this former public school teacher to have a snow day and be living with her students!  

The big news this week is that Emmett and Carmen are such big kids now that they can go sledding all by themselves across the street.  Don't get me wrong, I went a couple of times and we have such a fast sled that I beat all the kids down the hill every time.  Now, I am sure it has nothing to do with my size, the sled really is fast. :)  As for John, he just LOVES the snow.  I could barely get all his gear on before he banged down the door to get outside.  We sledded in our back yard and he loved it and then I hauled his 35 pound butt (plus a few pounds of gear) across the street to sled on the golf course.  Well, we went down the hill ONE time because...

the snow was so powdery that as we were going down the hill, the snow blew up in our faces the WHOLE way down and when we stopped, John was shivering, mumbling and shaking!  I couldn't even see his face because it was a sheet of white snow!  Poor guy, I had to dig it out of his ears.  I felt like a child abuser!!  Now we have to get back up the hill and get home.  However, he would have gone down 10 more times!  He loved it!  

So no words of wisdom or advice this week.  The only thing I can think of is that it is cold.  Here's to warmer days, outside play and lots of learning!  

One more thing, perhaps the best of the week.  The children are fortunate enough to live next door to Aunt Margie, who makes donuts on snow days.  Yum!


Here are some more snow pictures from this week.  I wish I got some of them sledding, but I was too cold to remember the camera! 




Stay warm and thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment